With the BID AWARD, the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry organization recognizes BID projects every year as successul initiatives to increase the attractiveness of, strengthen and revitalize downtowns, neighborhood centers, residential districts and commercial centers.
The objective is to acknowledge the remarkable commitment on the part of private initiatives by local businesses, retailers, property owners, restaurants and service providers who join forces with their municipalities in a type of public private partnership (PPP) in order to advocate for their home districts.
Who can apply?
Ongoing projects in European countries related to the subject of business improvement districts (BIDs), which are based on the foundation of State law and for which a municipal adopting resolution or legal ordinance has been issued can take part.
Those who have participated in previous competitions can apply again.
What to submit?
- A one-page application using "Calibri" font in font size 12 with single spacing providing information about the ongoing BID project.
- At least 5 photos or images.
Criteria for the 2017 BID AWARD
Applications will be evaluated by a jury consisting of members of the BID working group. Evaluation will be based exclusively on the one-page application.
The criteria for the competition are the following:
- degree of organization
- strategies and project description
- presentation of collaboration in the steering committee
- presentation of evaluation results/impact of the BID
- BIDs in the city: integration in city marketing
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 31st May 2017
You can download the Call here.
You can download the Application here.
More information can be found here.